Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Day I Became An Adult



Today, is a lovely day, today is my birthday, and today is a special birthday.

Today, I turn the ripe, old, age of 18, An elder among my peers.

Today, I become a true member of society.
Today, I can buy those pilows that are also stuffed animals.
Today, I can buy dry ice, and make a bomb out of it, proving I'm still not mature enough to be allowed to buy stuff like this.
Today, I can go vote, and have my opinion be expressed, just like millions and millions of others.

Yesterday, my opinion didn't matter. I could say what I thought about the president, and it fell on deaf ears, that didn't care, because I couldn't vote, but today, I have eyes all over me, asking how I'm doing, and mentioning that they happen to be running for mayor of Highland City, and that they would really appreciate a vote.

Fat chance, You didn't care about me yesterday, so I don't care about you today.

Maybe they'd tell me to act like a mature adult, and get past things like that. Well, maybe 18 isn't old enough to be considered mature.

I'm still going to hold a grudge.

Don't mess with me, I can make dry ice bombs now. Come at me.

Happy one-year-closer-to-being-dead day.

-Sincerely, The Teenager with an unstable mind, and who is now, one year crazier.
Alan Wake

3 comments:

  1. "Fat chance, You didn't care about me yesterday, so I don't care about you today."
    I really like this. The whole thing is funny. Happy birthday, by the way, and most belatedly. . .
    I'm getting close to there myself. See ya on the other side, brother!
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Today, I can buy dry ice, and make a bomb out of it, proving I'm still not mature enough to be allowed to buy stuff like this."
    hahahaha so true sometimes age has nothing to do with your maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You didn't care about me yesterday, so I don't care about you today."

    "Sincerely, The Teenager with an unstable mind" -LOVED this.

    This was awesome. I loved this whole post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete