Sunday, September 29, 2013

There is Nothing to Fear, but Fear Itself, and Spiders, and Needles, and Mannequins, and...........


I'm with Mark here, I'm content to just sit back and watch this, because I don't wanna get in the way of the stuff of nightmares here.

It's time to put on my serious pants now. My recent blogposts, have been......degrading, to what you may have previously thought of me, and I'm not saying at all, that I'm regretting it, but I'm asking you to follow me here, mostly because, fear is a serious thing to me. I dread it, and I thrive upon it, at the same time.

Fear is the driving force, of my dreams, let me tell you a dream I just had this last night. It seemed to be your standard edition zombie apocalypse, and I found refuge in a large bunker, filled with hundreds of people, and although I was safe from the walking dead outside, I was threatened by the people in the only safe haven. I was attacked one night, and walked away alive, but shaken, by a women who wanted me dead. This dream felt real, not like some dreams, where you seem to register the amount of fantasy, I felt as though, this was the life I was living. Back to explaining the dream, I had one friend in this bunker, and he was in charge of making sure the main bunker door, was sealed extra super tight. I went to visit him, like I was sure that I had done every night. To my horror, I found the bunker door wide open, and night had long since fallen. I recalled, or what I felt like I had recalled, that he had talked about leaving the bunker, but I never thought he would do it. Now, I felt sadness at the abandonment of my friend, but then the realization came over me. This door had been open for hours, I glanced around, a large room lay behind me, blanketed by darkness. My legs began to tremble, Something may have found its way in.

Regrettably, the dream ended moments later. In those moments, that I saw the open bunker door, I felt true, intense fear. I have met many teenagers who think that a zombie apocalypse would be fun, and a great way to avoid having to go to school. I want them all to be in the situation that I was in, in that dream. I had never felt so scared in a long time.

That said, fear is something I love, I spend hours upon hours, playing games designed to instill nightmares for weeks on end. I love every moment of it, that feeling that I get, when the creature I've been so desperately trying to avoid, shows it's face, right in front of me, and I've got seconds to react and run, lest I meet a gruesome fate.

One thing is certain about fear, it's not to be played with, I learned a horrible lesson recently. While I love to get scared and feel that anxiety of an impending pulse-pounding moment, there are many who don't, and I thrust upon a significant somebody, an example of such a creature, that I have this strange fascination with, that I love to be scared by, and she didn't like it. Where I thought that I was just sharing a picture, I scarred a friend, and now I know something to truly be afraid of, I know real fear now. I fear of losing somebody that I care for, due to my mistakes.

In closing here, I'm addicted to fear, and really stupid.

Any Questions?

7 comments:

  1. sounds like you love fear a lot. I wish i could enjoy fear that much. is it like a roller coaster thrill ride, or like the adrenaline rush you get when you jump off of a tall building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #stolen, fear is not to be played with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #stolen, fear is not to be played with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you love fear a lot. I wish i could enjoy fear that much. is it like a roller coaster thrill ride, or like the adrenaline rush you get when you jump off of a tall building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it when you wear your serious pants.
    #awkward

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're fun! I like the scary stuff too. HALLOWEEN!!! It's coming.
    #W.U.B

    ReplyDelete